Main | Encyclopedia | Chat Room | Live the Legend Forum

Go Back   Jurassic Park Legacy Forums > Expanded Park > Jurassic Park & Dinosaur Gaming Discussion

Jurassic Park & Dinosaur Gaming Discussion From JP NES to Carnivores, it'll be here!

Unread 06-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Tyrannosaurus Rex

ASOT has a spectacular aura about
Style: JPLegacy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilophorex View Post
That game was complete and total garbage. Don't you dare mention it ever again.
Jurassic: The Hunted.

Nah, it was a decent game, IMO, and an incredibly easy 1000G.
Unread 06-12-2011, 08:28 PM
Parasaurolophus

pokesaurus is just really nicepokesaurus is just really nice
Default Yeah

I agree with you. I thought that Jurassic: The Hunted was pretty good. I liked how they incorporated some JP stuff like poisin-spitting Dilophosaurus and a Spinosaurus kills the T-Rex.

Quote:
"Remember kids! Story, plot, characterization, setting, nor theme have any relevance on whether a movie is good or not. As long as your effects are good, you are in the clear!"
Unread 06-12-2011, 11:06 PM
Compsognathus

xenomorph36 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Style: V.Sornaensis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oshronosaurus View Post
anyone else like my RTS idea?

im a BIG rts fan , so i 'd totally love to see an rts game based on jp. However i'm not sure how you can make a good game out of it. But i'd probably play it even if the game was shitty.
Unread 06-13-2011, 02:39 AM
JPLegacy Retired/Honorary Staff

Oshronosaurus is a glorious beacon of lightOshronosaurus is a glorious beacon of lightOshronosaurus is a glorious beacon of lightOshronosaurus is a glorious beacon of light

oh, cool, another RTS fan if youre interested, i have a wiki-like site where i write down ideas for hypothetical RTSs

http://rts-database.wikispaces.com/

as for what this RTS would be like, i imagine that it wouldnt have a multiplayer function (basically because chaos island didnt) but would be mod-friendly (so you could, for instance, modify it so that different and/or totally silly characters were present, say, arnold schwarzenegger). what im basically envisioning at the moment would be that each of the factions--for example, Hammond/Gatherers, Ludlow/Hunters, Dodgson/Mercs, would each have different specialties: the gatherers would be a skirmish and sabotage group that focuses on disrupting the opponent while simultaneously working towards getting either wild or controlled dinosaurs to attack them; the hunters are the "steam-roller" faction that just plow through everything with high-power weapons (but have little control over dinosaurs); and the mercs would be somewhere between the two, having some high-power weapons but also emphasizing sabotage. dinosaurs wouldnt be limited to a given faction, but that faction would need to first acquire a DNA serum that would allow them to control the dinosaurs and then find their eggs out in the wilderness. i imagine capturing vehicles and buildings would also be an extremely useful aspect of a game like this (for example, the gatherers capture a jeep that has been left empty by a group of hunters while they collect supplies and from then on use it for themselves). this form of gameplay would actually be pretty true to the original material (both the films and the books) but im honestly not sure how well it would translate to actual gameplay. if its restricted to a single-player mode, i think it would be much more enjoyable as opposed to a multiplayer game. however, the AI of all three factions would have to be pretty good in order for it to work so that they dont just send waves of units at you mindlessly

MAN, that was a long paragraph!
Unread 06-13-2011, 04:26 AM
Parasaurolophus

pokesaurus is just really nicepokesaurus is just really nice
Default My Dream JPG

My dream JP game? Mine would have different modes. One, is a SIM where you build your own JP on Isla Nublar and or Sorna. You can have up to 150 dinosaurs with 35 species to choose from. You can have balloon rides, Safari with the JP Gate as the entrance into a fence (track can be placed out of fence), and much more! Another mode has you as a survivor on Isla Sorna or a Dinosaur on Isla Sorna and must survive (dino could be Spino, Raptor, Rex, Brachio, Steg, Ankylo, Dilopho, or Para). The final mode is where you are Roland Tembo or Jannice Coleman (made up name), as a safari hunter hunting down big game dinosaurs (kinda like Dangerous Hunts (first one, which didn't have a storyline). These would go on Wii, Xbox 360, PS3, and PC. However, a handheld version would be created with only the 1st and last modes on it. It would go on the 3DS and other DS systems and the new PSP coming out soon. That is my dream JP

Quote:
"Remember kids! Story, plot, characterization, setting, nor theme have any relevance on whether a movie is good or not. As long as your effects are good, you are in the clear!"
Unread 10-10-2011, 05:02 PM
Dinosaur Egg

BaryonyxBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

My Dream Jurassic park game? It would be a Jurassic park 3 game. It would take place on the European Island: Azores, then something similar to the Isla Nublar incident happens, and all of the dinosaurs have escaped. You have to play as the park's chief veterinarian: Josh Dougley and fight dinosaurs, overcome obstacles, and rescue other employees from rampaging Dinosaurs while trying to make your way to the south dock and escape the island with your life.
Here's a map of the island. Dinosaur list is on the right.
Spoiler

Game Systems: Wii, Xbox360, PS3, 3DS, PC, and MAC.
So? What do you think?

Last edited by DinoDude65; 11-05-2011 at 03:05 PM..
Unread 10-28-2011, 01:37 AM
Compsognathus

xenomorph36 has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Style: V.Sornaensis

I just got an idea for a jurassic park game. Going back to the idea of having stretegy for jp... i thought it might be fun if we play the game like dota or league of legends where you get to have velociraptors as ur minions and u get to pick hero units like the t-rex , alan grant, and so on. I think it would work although i have hard time trying to figure out how they can replace magic into generic action. I dont think the game should really release as a whole new game but someone could probably mod it through starcraft 2 or any other game for that matter.
Unread 10-30-2011, 03:05 PM
Dilophosaurus

shadowfear13 is on a distinguished road

Probably JPOG 2. Except with breeding, better skins using fcm mods and better behaviors. Also no malnutrition for dryos and gallis.
Unread 10-30-2011, 08:33 PM
Compsognathus

cloverfan98 has a spectacular aura about

I'd love a HD bug free version of Tresspaser. I love the primise of being completly alone on Site B having to survive using your wits and what ever you can find.
Unread 11-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Dinosaur Egg

BaryonyxBoy is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got another dream JP Game. Jurassic Park: The Hunted. It takes place 11 years after the events of Jurassic Park 3. An expedition to Ingen's site B to document the Dinosaurs and how they lived, goes awry when the Plane is attacked by Pteranodons and the survivors have to escape Isla Sorna while fighting Dinosaurs along the way.

Dinosaurs
Spinosaurus
Velociraptor
Tyrannosaurus
Pteranodon
Stegosaurus
Ankylosaurus
Triceratops
Dilophosaurus
Compsognathus
Brachiosaurus
Parasaurolophus